Quarkchain (QKC) is a high-capacity peer-to-peer blockchain with a goal of 1,000,000 transactions per second (tps) on-chain via sharding.
TOKEN SALE / ICO
Token Sale: May/June
Minimum Financing: TBA
Hard Cap: $20 million
Token Supply: 10 billion
Platform: QKC are ERC-20 tokens which will be convertible to mainnet tokens after launch of the mainnet via premining.
- Reshardable two-layered blockchain
- Layer 1: Shards – Elastic sharding blockchains
- Layer 2: Flexible Root blockchain – Confirms blocks from first layer
- Guaranteed security by market-driven collaborative mining.
- Anti-centralized horizontal scalability.
- Multiple cheap-nodes can be clustered to replace a super-full node
- Efficient cross-shard transactions.
- Simple account management.
- Only one account is needed for all shards
The company’s Telegram channel stated Quarkchain has the three following innovations:
1. The first blockchain technology supports state sharding.
2. The first blockchain sharding technology supports turing-complete smart contracts.
3. The first blockchain network supports clustering as peers.
The company also announced their testnet/alpha was live on April 2. And then according to the Tweet below on April 15, Quarkchain’s Testnet was running around 2k TPS and they were looking for volunteers to test the next version of their testnet.
Now QuarkChain alpha version of testnet has been already running at around 2k tps. Looking for 100 volunteers to help test next version of testnet which will available in 1 month. https://t.co/3WCbUycxql
— QuarkChain (@Quark_Chain) April 16, 2018
DApps2Go: Emphasis of building DApps on mobile devices with plans to incentivize developers to build on Quarkchain with QKC tokens.
March 14: TokenSky Summit in Seoul, South Korea
March 20 – 21: Token2049 in Hong Kong
April 8, 2018: Meetup in San Mateo, California (USA) Meetup
April 17, 2018: Meetup in Xian, China
How did the idea for the project come about?
Have you looked at other high TPS projects such as Zilliqa? How do you compare against them?
When do you believe you’ll be able to handle up to 1,000,000 TPS?
Qi Zhou – Founder (Former software engineer at Facebook, Dell EMC, and Google according to LinkedIn profile)
Zhaoguang Wang – Software Engineer (Former software engineer at Facebook, Instagram and Google according to LinkedIn profile)
Xiaoli Ma – Research Scientist
Yaodong Yang – Research Scientist
Wencen Wu – Research Scientist (Assistant professor at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute according to LinkedIn profile)
Anthurine Xiang – Marketing and Community
Ting Du – Business Development and Eco-system
Kyle Wang – Operations
Patrick Mei – Community Manager
Julianne Zhu – Social Media
Arun G. Phadke – Winner of Benjamin Franklin Medal
Bill Moore – Partner / Managing Director at Walden International
Mike Miller – Founder of IBM Cloudant, General Partner at Liquid 2 Ventures
Kevin Hsu – Blockchain Investor
- Q2 2017: Blockchain Scalability Problem Research
- Q4 2017: Whitepaper Draft
- Feb. 2018: Verification Code 0.1 White Paper Release
- March 2018: Testnet 0.1 Wallet 0.1
- Q2 2018: Testnet 1.0 Smart Contract 0.1
- Q3/Q4 2018: QuarkChain Core 1.0 Mainnet (“down quark” chain 1.0) SmartWallet 1.0
- Q2 2019: QuarkChain Core 2.0 SmartWallet 2.0
Suppoman discussed Quarkchain in his video “What 3 New Cryptos Could Explode in Bull Market.” He closed his evaluation of it by stating, “I do imagine this is going to be amongst the best blockchains. I missed out on Zilliqa’s ICO and I don’t want to miss out on Quarkchain when this comes out.”
CryptoBriefing rated Quarkchain a 82% (rated as a Top 5% projects). “Quarkchain offers a taste of scaling. We like the flavor.”
Andre Cronje’s code review for CryptoBriefing states, “I think their implementation is novel, well executed, and I am definitely going to be playing around a lot more in their testnet. It annoys me that I haven’t been able to break it yet.”
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.